Liqour Licensing

Children's Certificate

What is a Children's Certificate?

A Children's Certificate enables a licensee to allow persons under the age of 18 years to enter and remain in their premises providing they are in the company of a parent or an adult apparently aged 25 years or more and the person under the age of 18 is consuming a meal on the premises.

For further information please click here.


How can I apply for a Children's Certificate?

If you have a Justices' On-Licence you may apply for a Children's Certificate by completing the form below.  You will need to consider what times and what area you wish the Certificate to apply to.

There may be a fee payable for this application.

The Licensing Justices will need to satisfied that it is appropriate to grant a Children's Certificate and in coming to this decision they will need to be satisfied that;

1) the area to which the application relates is a suitable environment for under 18's; and

2) that meals and non-alcoholic drinks will be available for consumption in the area.


Do I need a Children's Certificate for a private party?

If the following requirements have been met, you do not need a Children's Certificate for a private party:

1) the only persons who are permitted to be present in the bar at the time in question are the licensee, the licensee's employees and persons invited to attend a private function being held in the room in which the bar is;

2) at least 48 hours of the holding of the private function has been given by the licensee to the chief police officer and he has not signified any objection to the private function; and

3) no intoxicating liquor is sold or supplied to persons under the age of 18, except as may be permitted by any other provision of the Licensing Ordinance 1994; and

4) that beverages other than intoxicating liquor are supplied or are available for sale at all times the private function is being held in the bar.


Application for a Children's Certificate